Sunday, October 23, 2011

Brighton

 Yesterday Nikki, Rachel, and I headed southeast to the seaside town of Brighton. Brighton is pretty much directly south of London and after changing trains at Clapham Junction we made our way speedily down towards the sea. Our main objective for going was for Rachel to shop because Brighton has a huge shopping center and high street. We arrived at 11:30 am and as soon as we got there we headed down to the beach. Brighton beach is a rock beach so it was quite exhausting trudging through the rocks towards the pier. It was also quite windy, though not too chilly (mid 50's) so we didn't linger long. We had lunch at a fish and chips restaurant close to the pier. I had fish fingers and chips; the main selling point of the restaurant we ate at is that they give you unlimited chips (french fries) with any meal purchase. While I didn't take advantage of that (my portion was big enough) I did throughly enjoy my meal. After we headed up to the mall and shopped the rest of the day away. We left to go home at half past six feeling completely knackered and foot-sore. Brighton looks like a beautiful town with lots of hills and picturesque lanes and houses. I would love to go back in the warmer months and just wander through the town at a leisurely pace enjoying the stunning views of the sea as I go.
On Brighton Beach



Touching the English Channel

Really Windy!





Royal Pavillion










1 comment:

  1. This from Grandpa-I read all your blogs and enjoy them.You are a good writer.

    ReplyDelete