Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Very Own London Flat

So, for starters, I apologize for being MIA the last few weeks from the blogosphere. Between having Nikki to stay, the Olympics, oh yeah, and my dissertation I've been a bit busy. While all of those things that I've just mentioned are blog worthy topics, I will keep you wanting more by leaving those for a different post. Right now I want to show and tell you about my new flat!

I moved into the big city, London, a month ago now and it already feels like Egham was years in the past. I live in the southeastern bit of London, in an area called Charlton which for those of you not familiar with London is just east of Greenwich. I have my very own one bedroom flat and for the first time in my entire life I am living completely by myself. I have no roommates and don't have to share one iota of my space, and I'm loving it to bits. Let me give you a visual rundown of my place, thus far.

The outside of my flat-mine is the one with the open curtain on the second floor

gorgeous view from my sitting room

kitchen

kitchen

sitting room- I now have a tv in front of the fire place

nice, big bathroom

bedroom
As you can probably see, light is not a problem in my flat. It is nearly always bright and sunny which was something that I saw as of the utmost importance, since I do so much work from home. I also have a dishwasher which has made me one of the happiest people alive in London. It is a very rare thing to have in a one bedroom flat in London. I have all the major appliances including a washing machine (no dryer) and though I'm still waiting for some furniture (namely my dining table and chairs) to be delivered thanks to the slowdown during the Olympics, things are coming together. I love having more space to move around in and having multiple rooms to be in during the day. I love being able to do whatever I please and decorate how I like and not having to ask anyone for permission to do anything. In short, it has been quite a liberating process. I'm sure I will have more photos to post with updates of decorating and furniture, when that arrives, so I will be sure to keep you all posted via my blog. I love being in the city and having instantaneous access to so many wonderful and fun things. It really is a vast improvement from small town Egham and this flat is much more suited to my style of living. It has and continues to be a cool place to live.
Oh, and in case you haven't heard, I have a couch and an air mattress for anyone who wants to visit.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice place to compose, to edit and to format your papers and projects for the degree....light and airy plus roomy.

    Thanks for sharing....and more later re my life and its activities....Addy

    ReplyDelete